STEP 2: US SOCCER SAFETY TRAINING recently expanded their Harassment Policy to meet the requirements of the USOC's SafeSport initiative. Their new Prohibited Conduct Policy not only forbids harassment of all kinds, but also child sexual abuse, hazing, emotional and sexual misconduct, and bullying. Please read through the policy, which can be found here. In addition to updating the policy, the USOC also requires that ALL employees (full and part-time, per diem, interns, coaches, trainers, etc.) who have contact with athletes must successfully complete a training program. The USOC has an online training program that satisfies this requirement and takes approximately 90 minutes. The training can be found here: https://training.teamusa.org/store/details/1
STEP 3: BACKGROUND CHECK
Here are the instructions for background checks for staff members:
• Access the following website: http://www.ncsisafe.com/
• Click on the “Start Your Background Screening Now” on the left side of the webpage.
• Enter 28695114 in the Self Registration Number field
• Enter your Information as Requested
• Provide Legal Authorization and Certification
• This system is not compatible with Safari internet browser
• Use your full legal name as written on your birth certificate or driver’s license
• If you have any questions, please contact the National Center for Safety Initiatives at 866.833.7100
STEP 3: CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH US SOCCER DIGITAL COACHING CENTER
DCC will be the U.S. Soccer Coaching Department's primary database of coaches moving forward. You will need an account to access your coaching licenses and register for coaching courses.
Link to return to the Digital Coaching Center: https://dcc.ussoccer.com/
STEP 4: Provide a copy of your Drivers License, Business License and Coaching Licenses and a IRS Tax Form W9 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach License Requirements Updated 5/3/2017